Software: The visualisation is made twofold: As bars (each color represents an area and the force measured in that particular moment), and as force diagrams, showing the whole measurement over time, with the possibility to zoom in a particular sequence. The force diagram shows that the rider is not sitting well balanced, as the right area (blue) shows a force higher than on the left (red).
With the help of real-time biofeedback the rider can immediately correct his or hers sitting position during riding. This system supports both the rider and the trainer in achieving a more harmonious riding position and obtaining a better understanding of the interaction between the rider, the saddle, and the horse.
With the help of the loadpad® system and its powerful software the progress of the changes in posture of the rider can be measured, visualized, and documented.
In addition to saddle and stirrup, there are for sure many other places on the horse and the rider where load measurement can be reasonable, e.g. under the bridle.
The loadpad® sensors measure the total force acting on the sensor in the normal direction. novel also offers the pliance® system which enables dynamic pressure distribution measurement. Both the pliance® and the loadpad® sensor families can be configured according to customer-specific requirements in terms of shape, size, sensitivity, and surface coating. All novel systems work with capacitive sensor technology and provide accurate, reproducible, and reliable pressure and force data.
- Measure the normal force during riding or standing
- Scan the saddle and/or stirrups with up to 100 Hz
- Display force vs. time and give biofeedback • Provide force curve and feedback for adjustable force levels
- Run via the loadpad® app providing various settings
- Enable connection to the novel loadpad® software
- Use patented, capacitive sensors
- Use small, lightweight electronics
- Transmit the measurement in real time to mobile devices • Work with iOS and Android devices
- Provide ASCII output for scientific data analysis
- Operate with disposable or rechargeable coin cell batteries